Bloom, P. (2002). How children learn the meanings of words. MIT press.
- Denham, S. A., Bassett, H. H., Zinsser, K., & Wyatt, T. M. (2012). How preschoolers' social–emotional learning predicts their early school success: Developing theory-promoting, competency-based assessments. Infant and Child Development, 21(3), 298-327.
- Gallahue, D. L., & Ozmun, J. C. (2019). Understanding motor development: Infants, children, adolescents, adults. Jones & Bartlett Learning.
- Gleave, J., & Cole-Hamilton, I. (2013). Developing social skills through outdoor play. Education 3-13, 41(2), 210-224.
- Hoff, E. (2006). How social contexts support and shape language development. Developmental Review, 26(1), 55-88.
- Lubans, D. R., Morgan, P. J., Cliff, D. P., Barnett, L. M., & Okely, A. D. (2011). Fundamental movement skills in children and adolescents: Review of associated health benefits. Sports Medicine, 40(12), 1019-1035.